- Checked into the Charlotte Street Hotel (literally one of my favourite hotels in the world) ✓
- Opened up my customised ‘chill’ kit featuring a copy of The Great Gatsby, a box of Black Grapes and the latest Conde Nast Traveller..amongst other things ✓
- Ripped open the pack on my bed that contained a brand new Silent Night X Febreze Lavender pillow ✓
- Sprayed all the Febreze scents around the room and bed ✓✓ (double check, cause i’m pretty sure you’re only supposed to spray one fragrance but I mixed a couple of them together..whaat? They all smelt so good)
- Lock my laptop away and slip into … a onesie ✓
- Pole vault my way onto the bed and under the duvet without an actual pole vault ✓
So once my check list had been completed and room service had arrived, I sat in bed thinking ‘gee life’s pretty awesome, right now’. Febreze emailed me a few weeks earlier asking if I wanted to stay the night at the CSH and really enjoy a good nights sleep. For someone who doesn’t get much sleep, my immediate response was, sure; I just didn’t fully see how it would be different to any other night..
When I arrived, they had a few of my favourite things along with a few new things from their Sleep Serenity range. The products aim to help us sleep better, so in an aid to ensure the best night possible for us all, they worked with the National Sleep Foundation to come up with a few helpful tips on how to improve our bedime routine and in turn our sleep..
- Establish Regular Bedtime
Try to go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day, even on the weekends. Trying to catch up on sleep on the weekends can actually have a reverse effect on the body, and make you feel more tired when Monday rolls around.
- Prepare for Bedtime
Establish a relaxing bedtime routine during which you unwind and prepare your body for sleep. Do something calming, such as listening to music or reading.
- Create a Sleep Haven
Create an environment that promotes sleep—one that is quiet, dark, cool, and comfortable. Fresh sheets, cool pillows, and blackout shades seem to do the trick.
- Fill the Air
Incorporate fragrance into your bedtime routine to help relax and unwind. The Febreze Sleep Serenity collection’s calming scents in Quiet Jasmine, Moonlit Lavender, and Warm Milk & Honey help create a soothing bedtime atmosphere. They eliminate odors and fill the bedroom with long-lasting, relaxing scents that don’t overpower the room.
Available in Febreze Bedside Diffuser, Febreze Bedroom Mist, Febreze Bedroom Diffuser, and Febreze Bedding Refresher, the variety of options allows you to find the perfect scent-enhancing solution that will create a more-peaceful and relaxing bedtime atmosphere.
5. Go Gadget Free
The stimuli of electronics will keep your mind active and prevent your body from switching to sleep mode, and the light emitted from screens might be too stimulating. Power down and try reading instead.